STEM Week Challenge
Sample applied, project-based learning in your classrooms for STEM Week – at no cost to you!
During STEM week, we celebrate the innovative work happening in classrooms across Massachusetts. Project Lead The Way and Mass STEM Hub have teamed up with the State to provide an engaging, meaningful STEM Week opportunity open to all K-12 schools that allows students to apply their STEM skills in tackling real-world problems communities and companies face.
Participation in the STEM Week Challenge unlocks an engaging, meaningful STEM Week experience for your classrooms.
- 10 hours of engaging STEM activities, projects, and problems
- Culminating project solving a real-world problem around Zero Waste
- Teacher training (3 hours, choose from three dates/locations during week of 9/23)
- Facilitator guides with teacher & student resources and optional extensions – tailored for multiple grade bands
- Opportunities for students to engage with STEM professionals, virtually and in person
Students will use STEM knowledge and skills to tackle real-world challenges about Zero Waste from partners TD Garden, proud home of the Bruins & Celtics, and MA Department of Environmental Protection.
Learn more and register by September 18th.
Bonus! Showcase event for students to present their work to leaders and industry professionals at an exciting location in Boston on Friday October 25.
Brought to you by Project Lead The Way, Mass STEM Hub, and the One8 Foundation
Solve real world problems with: